Need an easy homemade treat for unexpected guests? Why not try to bake Coconut Macaroons since they are actually very simple to make at home? Here is our easy-to-follow coconut macaroons recipe to share the great and authentic taste of your favorite pastry until you receive your next order from Délices et Gourmandises.
Like all Délices et Gourmandises’s products, our coconut macaroons are elaborated following the traditional recipe and using fresh, healthy ingredients to delight your taste buds with no risk for your health or your weight!
For 20 to 22 coconut macaroons, you will need:
- 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut (no more to avoid your macaroons being dry and flimsy and will fall apart in your hands.)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 extra-large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine your condensed milk, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer, it will give you moist macaroons.
- Add the coconut and make sure the mixture seems wet. If it seems dry, add 1 more egg white.
- Whip the egg whites until they make medium-firm peaks. The, carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Take 2 teaspoons of the mixture per macaroon or use a 1 ¾ or 2-inch diameter ice cream scoop and place it on the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- If you want, chose a funny way to dress up this coconut macaroon recipe before going into the oven if you don’t want to leave them plain and simple: add sprinkles or an almond.
- It's time to get cooking until your macaroons turn golden brown. Do not overbake as it will dry out your coconut macaroons.
In thirty-five minutes in total, you will have coconut macaroons as Délices et Gourmandises’s, sweet, moist, and chewy on the inside with a delightfully crisp exterior. Cool and serve.
And for next time, don’t forget to order coconut macaroons from Délices et Gourmandises’s website and we will ensure door delivery with great pleasure. However, when you have, schedule might be very tight.