If you like Délices et Gourmandises’s all-butter palmier biscuit, also known as elephant ears, you can recreate them at home until your next order from our online store is delivered. Here is the recipe for this pastry, simple, but so tasty inspired from Délices et Gourmandises’s treats!
Enjoy all-butter palmier biscuit with authentic taste
All the pastries offered by Délices et Gourmandises are prepared by the best French confectioners and artisans according to their traditional recipe, and the all-butter palmier biscuit are no exception. In addition, they are exclusively made of fresh and wholesome ingredients to delight your taste buds without risk for your health or our weight!
You will only need 2 ingredients:
- Puff pastry completely defrosted
- Lots of granulated sugar
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of sugar over your workstation.
- Roll out the puff pastry to about 15x12 inches.
- Using a pastry brush or spoon, spread the sugar to evenly coat the surface of the dough.
- Starting at the long ends of the rectangle, gently roll each side inward until they meet in the middle.
- Let the dough chill in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Starting at one end, cut off pieces of the log, in slices about 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Press gently the two sides together to make sure that they don't unroll during baking.
- Dip each side of each biscuit into sugar, shaking off the excess.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment paper lined sheet pan, at least 2 inches apart as they will increase size dramatically.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cookies in preheated oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Remove them from the baking sheet and serve warm or let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This delightful and soft pastry will treat both young and old for dessert or with after dinner espresso, coffee, and tea. You can also add spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom or vanilla sugar can make this a very fragrant way to end a meal.