Enjoying fondant caramel that reminiscent your childhood, this is one of those simple pleasures in life that fills you with happiness. For this, the easiest way is to order Delices and Gourmandises’ soft caramels, which are deliciously creamy. But while waiting for the delivery of your package, you may indulge in the joy of cooking by making your own treats.
Some ingredients are enough to make these little wonders
For forty fudges like Delices and Gourmandises’, here's what you need:
- Powdered sugar: 250 g
- Salted butter: 80 g
- Complete liquid cream: 80 g
- Salt: 2 g
- Vanilla pod
Tackle your fudge’s preparation
In cooking, it is all about quantity. It is essential to respect the measures and the preparation steps. By following these basic rules, you will easily succeed this fudge recipe proposed by Delices and Gourmandises. The preparation will take only 45 minutes, but still count 2:00 to 3:00 to cool.
- With a little measure of water, pour the sugar in a saucepan and simmer over low heat. Stir continuously until a blond color.
- Split the vanilla pod, remove the beans and add them to the mixture. Stir and remove from heat.
- Take 15 g butter, cut into pieces and add to the caramel while continuing to mix.
- In another saucepan, heat the liquid cream, then add it to the caramel that must be at 180 ° C.
- Lower the temperature of the mixture at 140°C or bring it to this temperature before adding the remaining butter and the salt.
- Pour into a greased framework, laid on a baking sheet, oiled as well. Alternatively, you can pour into small silicone molds.
- Let cool for 3 hours then unmold or cut with a lightly oiled knife.
- Wrap the soft caramels in greaseproof paper and then in pretty gift wrap.
For even more fun, why not make a candy assortment with fudge you just cook and nougat with almonds, orangettes or Belgian chocolates from Delices and Gourmandises.